Inter-School Events: 28th January, 2022
Lit Fun: Poetry Recitation Competition
Our Lit Fun is a legacy from Modern School Vasundhara days!
We are delighted to carry on this initiative with customised events suitable for different age groups.
Poetry and Recitation are both fine skills requiring imagination, creativity, linguistic skills and sensitivity.
To get our youngest students to be a part of this poetry recitation is our endeavour to
Empower , Enable , Encourage and Energise towards these beautiful soft skills which will add confidence and creativity to their life.
The Modern School , Ghaziabad hosted an inter-school Poetry Recitation competition, Lit Fun - 2022.
Our Judges for the day -
Ms. Sonal Bedi passionate about teaching sincerely wants to make a positive difference in the lives of young people & has spent over two decades in this noble profession. Mr. Firoz Bakht Ahmed is a renowned scholar and the former Chancellor of the Maulana Azad National Urdu University .He's also a trilingual columnist who writes in English, Hindi, and Urdu. He has authored a considerable number of columns for major Indian and international media and written books in his mother tongue .
The contest was held on a grand scale, with 27 schools contending and showcasing their oratorical skills .
The competition was divided into two main categories: All the grades featured distinct topics.
Grade 1 - Nature
Grade 2 - Humour
Grade 3 - Inspirational Poem
Grade 4 - Story Poem with a Moral
The event began with the lighting of the lamp and the greeting of the guests. The proceedings commenced with the competitors being briefed on the regulations and judging criteria. The participants thereafter connected using their respective links.
The pupils did their best to recite their poetry to the best of their abilities. Students from The Modern School demonstrated their singing talent during the Social hour while the Judges compiled the results and the following are the outcomes:
• Pragya Negi, The Modern School, Gzb
• Kenisha Ochani, Bal Bharti Public School
• Myra Kalra - Spring Dales School, Dhaula kuan
• Arjun Arther verma, Ahlcon Public School
• Prabhnaman Kaur - Sri Ram Global, Gr. Noida west
• Ida Alexandria Singh - Modern School, Vasant Vihar
• Ridhi Sati, BBPS, Vrij Vihar
• Arhaaran Jindal, The Modern School, Gzb
• Dikshika Kambhiri, Bal Bharati School, GHR Marg
• Sharanyana Garg, Modern School, Vasant Vihar
• Tvisha Sharma, Amity International School, Sector 6
• Brisha Wadhwa, Modern School, Faridabad
• Amyash Ram, Spring Dales School, Dhaula Kuan
• Ahana Lahari, Evergreen Public School
1st position –
• Benny Daniel, Ryan International School, Rohini
• Maira Jais, Modern School, Vasant Vihar
• Aryan Singh, The Modern School, Gzb
3rd Position -
• Taria Kaul, RSJSM, Humayun Road
• Diva Bharadwaj, ASN Senior Secondary School
• Vanshika Sharad, Evergreen Public School
• Lakshita Joshi, Mayur Public School, IP Ext Delhi
• Iyra Bhandari, Ramagya school
• Reanna Nagpal, The Modern School, ECNCR
• Shaurya Siwach, The Modern School, Gzb
• Kartik Verma, Ryan International,Rohini
3rd Position -
• Naisha Sati, Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park
• Saanvi Sharma, ASN Sr. Sec. School
• Tejaswi, Allen House Public school
• Prabhav Gupta, BBPS Vrij Vihar
• Ahana, Modern School, Vasant Vihar
• Krystle Sharma, Ramagya School
• Maisha Mehndiratta, Spring Dales School, Dhaula Kuan
• Ashwika Rai, Sri Ram Global, Gr. Noida west
• Prisha Sharma, Uttam School for Girls
The scores in all of the categories, i.e. Cat. A and Cat. B, were compiled for the overall result.
The Modern School, Gzb took the leading position with a score of 144 out of 160, while the Modern School, Vasant Vihar were declared the Runner- up with a score of 142 out of 160. However, The Modern School,Gzb being the host team passed this award to the runner-up school.
The programme was overseen by Ms. Manju Mehra, Principal and was coordinated by Ms. Swati Jain Ms. Deepti Shukla ably assisted by Ms Shilpi Lalchandani .The program was taken ahead by Ms. Sony and Master Vihaan (student) for Category A and Master Jatin (student) and Ms. Shubhi. in category B, who was also the master of ceremonies for today’s program. The Judges praised the students' performances
and applauded the efficient & meticulous planning of the Organisers ! Three cheers for Modern !
Performing Arts: Music & Dance
Performing Art Competitions are fun & whether you win or lose there is always a lot to learn ! Other than motivating students to perform & excel they provide opportunities to showcase talent , provide experience , become self -assured & understand that if you want something worthwhile you have to work hard for it .
Dance Competition -Alumunus of Modern School Barakhamba Road, New Delhi , Ms Kumar is a passionate dancer .She learnt classical dance with Mr. Arindam Dasgupta in Modern School, and then learnt Jazz dancing from Ashley Lobo.
For the last 16 years she has been a sports anchor and sports producer. Ragini works for Star Sports as an Executive Producer.
Music Competition- Mr Jitender Singh is an established Ghazal Artist, Music Director, Composer, associated with Ballets, Dance Dramas & Plays at reputed Schools such as Modern School Barakhamba & Mata Jaikaur Public School, Ashok Vihar.
17 prestigious Schools of Gzb , Noida & Faridabad contested . Recorded Videos of the entries received were sent to the Judges.
We appreciate the efforts of the Participating Schools & the Organising Team in making this Event successful.